How to strengthen and build up your immune system.
Citrus Fruits –Oranges Lemons and any citrus fruit builds up the immune system. Vitamin C increases the production of antibodies & white cells needed to fight off infection. If you still exercise you need vitamin C little and often. Medium size orange contains about 75 milligrams of vitamin C.
2 average Kiwi fruits can give you your daily RDA of vitamin C. Remember we cannot store vitamin C so spread out your Vit C intake
- Carrots – packed with Beat carotene – It promotes killer cells & t cells which are affective at fighting off infections. Falcarinol found in carrots may help prevent fight cancer.
- Fatty Fish contains a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Eating Mackerel, Salmon, Tuna encourage activity in the white cells that consume bacteria (known as phagocytes)
- Garlic – fights off most infections. Fresh crushed garlic is best because the infection fighting compounds are more easily available.
- Ginseng & Herbs all help keep our immune system healthy.
- Pro-biotics can improve your immune system.
- Oysters – contains lots of zinc which is needed for the production of antibodies. Zinc is also responsible for stopping bacteria and viral growth.
- Vitamin C – Top foods for high vitamin C content include
- Foods rich in vitamin C include Red hot Chilli peepers, Guavas, Bell Peppers, Fresh & dried Herbs (Parsley & Thyme), dark leafy greens (Garden Cress, Mustard Greens & Kale), , Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brusell Sprouts, Kiwi Fruits, Papayas, Oranges Clementine’s Tangerines & Strawberries. Tomatoes (also sun dried) Red Cabbage.
- Vitamin E – combined with omega 3 works better to improve white cell activity needed to fight off infection. Can improve antibody response.
- Yoghurt is made up of acidophilus bacteria and it’s this culture that your immune system needs. The culture absorbs nutrients and helps fight disease and viruses.
- Good foods to strengthen your immune system.
- Berries, Beef (lean meat) Carrots, Citrus Fruit, Crab, Onion, Peppers.
A strong health immune system can fight off most diseases and infections without the use of antibiotics and other drugs.
- Antibiotics can reduce the nutrients in foods we absorb it is this that makes us weak in sport. You will benefit if you add Fruits Grains & vegetables to your daily intake.
- People who have immune diseases such as Cancer Chronic Fatigue Hepatitis Herpes Respiratory infections TB High bad Cholesterol
- Females taking estrogen products.
- Lifestyle – Alcohol to excess & Smokers & those exposed to Carcinogenic agents & high fatty food diets (Obesity)
- Age – Middle or old age
How to strengthen immune system by stop smoking or avoiding passive smoking.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables whole grains and low saturated fats.
- Exercise regularly, drink alcohol in moderation get extra sleep until you fell stronger again.
- Reduce the risk wash hands thoroughly then dry them, damp hands can more easily pick up infections. Avoid touching your face because this can transfer infections from your hands to face and mouth and its this allows infection to enter the body.
- Our immune defence system does a remarkable job at defending us form diseases. Sometimes it lets us down because a germ soon multiples.
- Vitamin C is needed for the replacement of blood vessels cartilage scar tissue. This important vitamin is needed for making ATP dopamine peptide hormones and tyrosine. Vitamin C reduces the oxidative stress.
- My preference is natural vitamin C not vitamin tablets, of course the choice is yours.
- Fresh brightly coloured foods are generally rich in vitamin C.
See you at the Races!