10 BRAIN TEASER QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
(1) How many Austrian men have won an M dot official Ironman?
(2) In 2009 1,779 started the Ford ironman swim but how many did not complete the swim?
(3) How quick was the fastest transition time T1 in the Ford Ironman World championships in 2009?
(4) How long did the slowest person take in transition in the Ford Ironman world championships in 2009 to the nearest minute?
(5) Craig Alexander was the Ford Ironman world champion in 2009 with a winning time of 8:20:21what % did he take to swim Bike run and what % was his transition for T1 & T2 to the nearest 1%?
(6) What percentage finished the Ironman in 2009?
(a) 92.8% (b) 88.8% (c) 80.8% (d) 82.8%
(7) What percentage of Men to female finished the Ironman in 2009 in Kona?
Percentage of male to female Ironman finishers to the nearest 1%
(I.e. Men 55% Female 45%)
(8) 1,774 started the bike but how many finished the Ironman?
(9) How many years has the Ironman been in existence up to 2009?
(10) How many miles does the Ironman cover swimming cycling and running to the nearest 10th of a point?
10 Ironman brain teaser answers
IRONMAN TRIVIA ANSWERS
(1) Only one Austrian has won an M dot offical Ironman.The first Austrian man to win an Ironman was Michael Weiss on 1st May 2010 at Ironman St George USA
He was 15th out of the swim and 5:07 behind 1st place finisher Luke Bell but then recorded the fastest bike and Ironman marathon to win. His splits were
Swim 54:29 Bike 4:43:01 Run 2:58.03 finfish time 8:40:08
(2) Only 1 person did not finish the ironman swim in 2009
(3) 1 minute 44 seconds by Terenzo Bozzone in 2009
(4) The slowest person took over 1 hour and 1 minute!
(5) Swim 10.2% Bike 55.4 % Run 33.6% T1 &T2 = 0.008%
Swim 50:57 T1 1:44 Bike 4:37:33 T2 2:04 Run 2:48:05 total time including transitions = 8:20:21
(6) 92.8% finished the Ironman in 2009
(7) Female finishers 453 = 27.4%
Male finishers 1,200 = 72.6%
(8) In 2009 there were 1,653 official finishers.
(9) 31 times
(10) 140.2 miles
Don't miss.... more from Ironmate Mark.
Triathletes that never quite made it
2nd Best, almost but never won the Ironman on the Big Island
Ken Glah 5th